I'm becoming more of a fan after seeing the 2.0 version and some of the
tools. I still think for data VFP kicks sand in every other app's face.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Derek Kalweit
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 1:58 PM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: What do I use in place of MSDE?

>  If the app is running sluggish and screen refreshing seems slow, then
> it is probably a .NET app.

Or a VFP app written by a poor coder that doesn't know how to optimize the
GUI.

I really don't understand all the .NET bashing. We all know and have
agreed it's not as much the tools as the programmers using those tools
that distinguish the good software from the bad. .NET is just a tool,
as VFP is. Good apps can be written in any language, even Cobol,
Assembler, etc.

I'm personally not a fan of .NET as a tool so much, but I'm not so
close-minded and arrogant to think I can do something about it by
refusing to install their little framework, or bitch about it on an
anti-.NET list like this. Just let the frickin' thing install-- what's
it hurting?

--
Derek