Gil:  Sorry to hear about your medical issues.  Sounds like you have a good
approach to dealing with it.  Good luck!

We had a guy in our user group - Tim Anderson I think his name was.  He
scanned books like Code Complete.  He said it didn't take long once you got
after it.  He had a kid do it for him.  He reviewed the text and removed any
diagrams that would not convert to speech.  He then ran it through a text to
speech program.  On the weekend and when driving around in his car he would
listen to these books.  The voice was a little hokey, but the content is
what was important.

HTH

Jeff

Jeff Johnson