From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Derek Kalweit
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Buffer overruns & stuff

> The problem predates SetMemory(), there are no other api calls. This
> is XP pro. I haven't tested the difference between app's vs exe's. I'm

> using apps for now, but a standalone exe is in the near future. I'll
> try to see if there's a particular place or routine that blows up
> today, but I don't think so.

Your OP indicated that you may have just upgraded to a dual-core CPU--
is that correct? That would indicate a potential
synchronization/multi-threading bug that hasn't presented itself until
the system actually could have synchronous threads.

Do you have the most recent updates for Windows XP?

Running the most recent VFP service pack? What version of VFP?

You also mention SQL connections-- is this MSSQL? What version? I'm
trusting you're using VFP's ODBC-based support for MySQL, or are you
using ADO?

--
Derek