Another try....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Hey, look, ma, a technical question... verts on vista
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:56:26 -0600
From: Whil Hentzen (Pro*) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: profox@leafe.com

OK, gang, I've inherited a vertical market app, sort of, that's
installed all over the place. The system uses a licensing scheme that
writes a file to one of several locations and then checks against that
file to ensure that only an allotted number of users are logged on. So
far, so good. It's been working fine for years.

And now comes Vista, which won't let the app write that file to any of
its configured locations (Windows system dir, root of C, etc.) It looks
like the app will have to write to My Documents\User

The issue is... when Al logs on to the app, the app can't write to

   C:\My Documents\Al

because when Barbara logs on, the app would write to

   C:\My Documents\Barbara

So I'm thinking the app needs to write to a folder like

   C:\My Documents\SpecialUserForThisApp

when either Al or Barbara or Carl logs on. I'm thinking this is sort of
like when Al and SpecialUserForThisApp both belong to the same group.
But past that, I'm just swagging it.

And of course, I don't have Vista here. (Hell, I just put XP on a box
for the first time two weeks ago...)

Any ideas?

Whil