On 2/16/07, Ted Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/16/07, Alan Bourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/windev/sourcesafe.html
> > --
>
> Old post. I understand "Team Studio" has *finally* addressed some of
> these issues, and that MSFT is forcing their internal developers to
> eat their own dog food, unlike the mistreatment they gave SourceSafe.
> VSS was a decent little system, (low resource demands, UNIX/Mac/DOS)
> with some darn clever design, but never fostered at MS they way they
> did with VFP.

Something that really annoys me about SourceSafe:

I made a small EXE for comparing 2 DBFs.  All it does is opens the 2
files, LISTs them to 2 text files and runs Windiff.  Works great.  I
can view the history of a DBF and quickly see what has changed between
versions.

However this works for *.DBF but not *.dbf! (or vice-versa, depending
what I put in the config).  I can't create 2 file associations because
the config won't allow duplicates.

Arrgh!

--
Paul