Kristyne McDaniel wrote:
> If she can refinance the house on her own and pay you're your share, just
> let her have it and walk away. The good will you purchase by being as far as
> you possibly can be is worth everything it costs.
>
> I've been divorced twice. The first time was a mess and the second time my
> ex bought my interest out of the house and I walked away and bought my own
> house with the cash as my down payment. That was a perfect arrangement IMO.
>
> And we remained friends...

That *sounds* great, but my wife doesn't want to pay me all at once...I
think she'd prefer the 20-year plan.....really.  And there's no way I
want to wait any length of time for my share.  Heck, if I'm having to
start over and letting her have the house, I should be paid...all at
once, imo.

The thing that pisses me off is that she never wants to be
inconvenienced or uncomfortable, yet it seems to be ok if it's me whose
stuck with that crap.  No way it would stand if it the roles were reversed.

I suppose the lawyer will tell me how it's gonna be.