From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ed Leafe
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:59 PM
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: [NF] Daylight Saving Time, automated Time Synch

On Mar 17, 2007, at 11:23 AM, John Baird wrote:

> Obviously he's  been drinking from the same bottle as the rest of
> the ''dot not" crowd. Its funny that the ones making unqualified
> statements like this have probably never used .net further than
> "Hello world", if that much.

        It's funny that so many of the .Net proponents here haven't used any

of the alternatives. It's quite shaky to charge those who don't
like .Net with being brainwashed and closed-minded when that exactly
describes most of the .Net proponents.

        FWIW, I've looked at .Net when it was first introduced, and then
again when the 2.0 version came out. If I was forced to develop in
it, I wouldn't hate it, but since I'm aware of much better ways of
doing the same things, I wouldn't feel it was the best use of my time.

        I have gone to several conferences with a lot of .Net users, though,

and I always ask a) what platforms do you regularly work with and b)
what other development options did you consider before .Net? Care to
hazard a guess as to what the answers almost always are?

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

-- Ed Leafe