On Mar 17, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Jean Laeremans wrote:

>>         Moral: don't try to use humor or subtlety. Some people
>> just can't
>> fathom it.
>>
> No need to cater for the lowest denominator, is there ?

        Well, given that they obviously can't grasp the difference between a
hypothetical reference to a product that might possibly exist 25
years into the future, and a product that exists today, it seems that
we should at least try to be accommodating to those who are of
limited perceptive faculties.

        Gil made a jocular reference to "whatever SuperBloat DotNotYet code M
$ is stuffing down the throats of developers" in 2032, and the
Microsoft jackboots assume that he is talking about today. If we're
going to have a list that does not exclude anyone, we must
accommodate those who either can't read very well, or can't grasp
subtle humor.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com