I have not seen the display issues using Vista Basic theme. You lose the
fancy Areo window changes, sidebar, and other eye-candy things that users
going to Vista are wanting.

Turning themes off for dropdowns, may work, I've not tried to research that
one. I know it happens, and it is reported to Microsoft.

The form border problem does not get fixed by turning theme support off for
the vfp application or form. The only workaround I have found is to activate
the window back in the window it is to be shown in. My application is based
in the VFP screen, I've added the following line to my base form class to
work around the border refresh problem.

  ACTIVATE WINDOW (THIS.NAME) IN SCREEN NOSHOW

This corrects the border after changing the borderstyle. I've not found a
way to properly fix the border issue with child windows in top level forms.

The IntelliSense Manager screen has the border refresh problem. Many times
it will not have a border displayed, however, you can click and drag above
the displayed form and move the form around.

   oFrm = CreateObject("FORM")
   oFrm.BorderStyle = 2
   oFrm.Show()
(If you're lucky, you'll have a border on this form.)
Now drag the form partially out of the screen and back on The border of the
form is distorted with edge ghosts.
   ACTIVATE WINDOW (oFrm.Name) IN SCREEN
Now drag the form partially out of the screen and back on, No problems with
the border.