Whil Hentzen (Pro*) wrote:
> Who or what is this "Postgre SQL" that you're referring to? From the
> nature of your question, it seems you're referring to an entity like a
> human being or a company. I thought PostgreSQL was a hunk of software,
> and, as such, didn't really have a significant need for income, shelter,
> transportation or jelly donuts.

What/who is paying the folks that develop it?  What's supplying the
revenue needed to keep new versions coming with enhancements and bug
fixes?  This comes back to the long discussion on open source and how
the people doing it get paid.  I understand the part about "money is
made on the consultation/integration of these tools" but that's on the
implementation...not the design/support of the tool itself at the core.
That's where my question is directed.  Are they selling billboard ads?
Is it the t-shirt sales?  <g>

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC