Virgil Bierschwale wrote:
> I keep getting this error message:
> "Cannot delete objects because some are members of a parent class"
>
> Here's the scenario.
> This company needs a new form, so I clone one (copy one), rename it and
> change all the values (grids, fields, etc.) like I would have done in the
> ole fp2.6 days..
>
> I'm beginning to believe this isn't possible in vfp9 and that I need to read
> the books that I bought and learn the whole oop thing, but I haven't the
> time because they need it done tonight...
>
> Oh boy, going to be a long one.
>

> Virgil Bierschwale

here's a hack off the top of my head, UNTESTED and NO IDEA if it will
work or not..

BACKUP the form to a very safe place

open the scx in the browser and locate what looks to be the main record
for the container

look in the memo fields for a ref to another container or base class or
something of the VFP-specific classes.

Change it to something else and see what happens...

OR

find the objects (textbozxes, combos whatever) that are within the container

copy/paste them somewhere else

delete the whole thing

copy/paste them back

Matthew S. Jarvis