Explain the difference.
As you said, ignorance is not something to be proud of, even in New York
City

See, the difference between us is that I know that I do not know
everything and I've learned over the years not to believe things because
somebody says it is so.
How many theories do you know about that have been disproven ?
Probably millions of them