Michael,
Depending upon how many columns you need the ctMDay activex appointment
scheduling control from DBI will do exactly what you want. I have a similar
application here with machines not days along the columns and times down the
rows. The intersection shows a job which can be drilled down to  and the
size of the block shows the elapsed time for each job on each machine.

I'm sure that the control is freely available from DBI now under the Sedna
VFP9 release but I've not checked as I have the corporate toolbox here which
contains all the DBi controls.

Only one problem - you are limited to 10 displayable columns at any one time
even though the underlying matrix will support up to about 200 I think. Oh
and by the way I have a touch screen working on it and we can drag jobs from
one machine to another or one timeslot to another. One of the other
operators has it on two 19" monitors displayed in the "QC lab" where
everyone can see the scheduled work in the factory.

Drag and drop is no problem as is double click drill down and event
colouring etc etc. If you can live with the 10 column display restriction
then it is ideal and will do the job with very little effort. If you want to
see a screenshot just ask.

Dave Crozier