Ed Leafe <> wrote:
>       "God realizes that mankind is just dumb and needs constant reminders
> over time."
>
>       This is your statement, so I feel safe in assuming that it is your
> opinion.
>
>       In previous threads you've commented that you also believe that your
> God is omnipotent. If that is incorrect, please state that you
> believe he is not.

God is the Almighty.

>       Assuming that you believe he is, the fact that "mankind is just
> dumb" directly requires that your God made him that way, since God
> created everything, and God can't make mistakes. Remember, being
> omnipotent means that no one else can interfere with the results of
> your actions, so *everything* must be as you wanted it.

Ed why didn't you say that God wanted my mother in law to DIE?

I think that your putting in way to much as to what God wants, considering
you mock his existence.

>       Put two and two together now. You have a concept of an omnipotent
> God who then denies Heaven to those who do not accept him, and a
> group of his own creation who are too dumb to understand his
> revelations and do not accept him. These dumb beings are then c ast
> off into Hell, which by definition is an eternity of torture and
> suffering.

I don't know what God does with lost souls.  Sorry if you thought that I had
an inside track.  I really believe that God accepts all sorts of souls, in
that those who do the right thing.  Some who believed in Christ, and others
do not.  We will find out in the end I guess.

>       You like throwing out these comfy little platitudes like "God gives
> you as many chances as you need". If that were true, though, then
> nobody would ever be in Hell, since they were obviously too "dumb" to
> recognize these chances in order to take advantage of them. If these
> dumb people get tossed into Hell, they couldn't have gotten as many
> chances as they needed.

If you are given the chances but don't take advantage of them what do you
expect?  You are to respect others, help the poor, act humble, I could go
on.  If you fail to do the right thing then you could suffer.  Who knows,
you may just be stuck in purgatory for a long while getting your head right.

>       Let's say I'm trying to communicate with, oh, a 3-year-old, and
> instead of telling her what I want her to do in no uncertain terms, I
> send her into a crowded mall, and also send in a couple of strangers
> to hint at what it is she should do. Then, when she doesn't
> understand, I punish her for all eternity. Would you then want to
> worship me, too?

Only in jail as a pedophile.

I give up as to what your going after here?

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"A good way to judge people is by observing how they treat those who
    can do them absolutely no good." ---Unknown

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:17 PM