President Bush is in a state of denial, because reality is
unacceptable.  I heard Newt Gingrich recently on a Sunday morning TV
talk show.  In one of his responses to a question, he began blabbering
about a world wide threat from Muslims.  He said that twelve year old
children are being taught how to behead infidels, being taught how to
use sophisticated weaponry, etc.  Newt Gingrich seems to think the world
is in the early stages of WW III.

Newt Gingrich may not be a card carrying Neoconservative, but his
thinking is definitely along the lines of the Neoconservative ideology.

Charles Rangel in responding to Newt Gingrich said he did not understand
what Newt was talking about with a world wide threat to the US from
Muslims.  He comment "what is the US going to do, issue visas to an army
of terrorist and let them into our country?"  He said "its ridiculous".

Basically Newt, and the rest of the Neoconservative Bush Administration,
are just playing the fear card to maintain control of the American
people.   They want to make the terrorist buggyman appear as threating
as possible, so the American people will forfeit more power to the
government for protection, but in the end, the government will use any
additionally  acquired powers against the American people (eg power
corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely).  The Democratic form
of government can only work with a strict system of check and balances,
so as to make the government responsive to the American people, and to
prevent a single branch of government from acquiring absolute power.

Regards,

LelandJ