John Weller wrote:
> Yes - make her type them all back in by hand!  :-)
>
> Seriously though, I'd never have thought of that.  I'd have done a scan loop
> with a seek() but yours is much better.  I tend to avoid relations as they
> have bit me in the past, pure laziness on my part I accept.

The problem was trying to match the old records to new ones without a PK
to seek.  Without using the recno() relation you would have had to
generate a key using the company name and parts of the address or some
other attribute, then check you only had 1 match in the other table.
Too messy for my liking. :-)

Peter