One other thought (or series of a few thoughts <g>)...  I set up an ftp
Server using Serv-U ftp about 8 or 9 years ago.  I had several reasons for
doing so.  First, some files were too large to attach to eMail.  Some files
were stripped or blocked for various reasons.  And, for my own clients
having my own ftp Server gave me a Mark Of Distinction and enhanced
credibility.  I began using a small PC with a Port Forward set up on my
primary firewall.  I went from the free version, later upgraded to their
basic version,  and finally to their Pro version (Enterprise is next <g>).
I also ended up getting a 2nd (DSL) ISP account, and am using a dedicated
firewall for the ftp Server.  The ftp Server is now a Dell SC420 with 1Gb
RAM, and is used as a storage center for all my applications and license key
codes, as well as a 300Gb HDD dedicated to the ftp Server (compressed for
even more capacity).

If you see a potential need for lots of file transfers, or to transfer large
files that would be stripped from eMails, this is a nice way to go.  But...
I also use WinZip to compress and encrypt (not just password protect) any
files I send if they contain personal or sensitive data.  The reason is
because ftp transmits in an unsecured manner, just like eMails and their
attachments.

A couple of good reasons to set up your own ftp server, eh?

Ciao!

Gil