Duh, that's because it's the REAL date, not some namby pamby English
thingy!<G>

JH

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Paul Hill
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:31 AM
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: Automation with Word 2007

Speaking of Office automation, try this:

Make sure your regional settings are non-US (British or whatever).
Create an Excel sheet with some dates in it.
Create a mailmerge document in Word linked to the Excel sheet.
(this is what we automate in our app BTW, works well for mailshots etc)

Look at the resulting word document.
ALL THE FRIGGING DATES ARE IN AMERICAN FORMAT!!!
Arrrghhh!

The solution is to update the merge format to force the date to
dd/mm/yyyy (i.e. the same as I specified in regional settings).

--
Paul