Symbol PPT8800 is my preferred device.  Fairly rugged.  PocketPC 2003, with
.NET Compact Framework, and the controls from Symbol to handle the barcode
scanner.  Then I link it with a .Net web service talking to our FoxPro
tables.  Neat stuff.

Back to the PPT8800, its a nice device, with a great barcode scanner on it,
which has been our issue with our devices.  (LED Scanners instead of laser.)

Justin