Ted Roche wrote:
> Because the very next words out of the PHB's mouth after you deploy
> the rich client application is "How can the salesman on the road use
> this app?" or "How do we let the satellite office in Phoenix enter
> data?" or "How can the London office connect?" or "How can I get this
> app to work on my Palm Treo?"

Fortunately we don't have a PHB, so design a nice desktop app and you
can use it outside the building with some terminal server software.  We
also have an offline version that people can put orders on with, then
import them later.
As for the palm treo - unlucky :-D
>> I'm just starting to play with Linux to do some simple things with and
>> see how difficult/easy it is.
>> Do you have a recommendation for a Linux list for a newbie?
>>

> Ed's ProLinux is far more friendly than most. I also recommend a local
> user group and encourage them to start a Newbie-Night if they don't
> already have one.

Right, sold.  I'll join up now.

Peter