From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Davies
Sent: 02 August 2007 13:19
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: [NF] Win 2K Networking Question

Dave, I know less about this than you do but isn't 192.168.1.n more usual -
and what subnet mask are you using?

My setup (which seems to work <g>) has the router on 192.168.1.1 subnet
mask 255.255.255.0
pool starts at 192.168.1.33 size 32  - servers etc. are assigned static
addresses in the 16-32 range
DNS set to 0.0.0.0 (which afaik tells it to pass requests to the default
gateway)
RIP enable in both directions

The router is set as DHCP server - I'm not sure why your client thinks it's
safer on the server - they're both just computers, and if the router fails
isn't your lan down anyway? (if not - e.g.if it still works as a switch,
then wouldn't things be OK until DHCP leases started running out?)

Andrew Davies  MBCS CITP
  - AndyD        8-)#

Manchester City Council supports Smokefree England - 1 July 2007

you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

Please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] with any queries.