Subject: Re: Internet Update
From: MB Software Solutions <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, August 22, 2007 9:18 am
To: profox@leafe.com

stephen.russell

@adribbers.com
 wrote:
> You could call your own WS where you have the app name and version # returned
> to the client. That is compared to what they are running and you could alert
> based on a diff.
>

> Then allow them to DL the update.
>

> At next start up your app looks for newer version in the \update folder and
> apply if it's available.

Stephen,

The values returned from the ws---is it in XML? Alternatives besides
XML response?

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC

http://mbsoftwaresolutions.com

http://fabmate.com

"Work smarter, not harder, with MBSS custom software solutions!"

OT-free version of this list:

Searchable Archive:
http://leafe.com/archives/search/profox

http://leafe.com/archives/byMID/profox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]