The genius probably changed some network settings too, but won't mention it,
and is going to blame it on the UAC of Vista.

Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: John J. Mihaljevic
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 10:48 AM

Hi all,

It looks like we have a solution to my issue.  This took care of both issues
(DBFs disappearing when PACKing tables, and also being unable to save any
Office 2007 files to the network).

Our network genius came out today and changed two settings on everyone's
Vista machine:

1) UAC is now turned off: Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account
Control off

2) Offline files is now disabled: Control Panel > Offline Files > Disable

Just passing this along for anyone else who may have those issues or was
just curious about this.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

John