>> It's a good thing, but I don't understand the need for paper.<<

That is because you are thinking like a North American Bill <g>. According to
Rainer, overall
Germans (and Europeans if I remember correctly) prefer paper and this is why he
is offering everyone
a choice. He has the background statistics to prove it based on offering people
an electronic
version and paper version of his conference materials. Honestly, I think there
are even people in
the western hemisphere who prefer paper copies. I will print it out so I can
read it on my
comfortable chair in the family room. I already spend too much time in front of
this box.

The paper subscription is being offered at cost based on discussions I have
been a part of. Not bad
considering it will be printed and mailed to you from Europe for a six bucks an
issue.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com