On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Charlie Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 09:32 AM 3/10/2008 -0500, Stephen Russell wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Charlie Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> >Tell us how you really feel Charlie.  ;->
> >
> >Do you complain that you have to register your car every year and
> possibly
> >pay property tax on it?
> >
> >Has your business model changed because M$ changed a come on service to a
> >fee based one?  I'd really like to know why you feel that VS is anything
> but
>
> LOL. It's not that they're charging, it's that you lied about it and said
> it was "free".
>
> On the other hand I do think its dumb to buy something that you could get
> elsewhere for free - when you have the choice.

What did I lie about?  You have a PC on the desktop and it has Windows?  Or
that your connected to a server at work and there is Windows2003 on it?

Getting something for free, we all know that there is never anything for
free.  A different OS requires a change to somethings if not a large amount
of things.  Training of staff, testing of apps, consistency for end users or
do we retrain all of the staff just to get something for free?

What happens when apps don't work as intended?  Do you just justify
rewriting them so they work in a free environment?

I don't think I'm stating any lies in my reply, nor in my initial response.

If you have SQL Server installed <ver 2005> you can put up reporting
services for no additional charge.  They can work off of SQL Data, or other
data usable in your SQL environment.  You can prep reports and have them
batch out before they are requested. you can have them run and forward via
email to "special" users that their reports are done and can be viewed now.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer

901.246-0159