Alan Bourke wrote:
> http://www.codeplex.com/IronPythonStudio
>
> This is a free Python IDE based upon the VS 2008 shell. It's the same
> idea as Craig Boyd's recent Visual Foxpro efforts in the same area,
> except this lets you use Python to create GUI applications using Windows
> Forms, just like VB.Net or C#. Presumably ASP.NET as well. So you just
> create a form, drop on a control and away you go - all the codebehind is
> in Python!

IronPython is impressive. I've been going to Jim Huginin's presentations
on the topic at PyCon since I think 2004. A couple years ago Microsoft
hired him, and IronPython has blossomed.

So if you are a Windows/.NET developer looking for a more dynamic,
flexible, data-oriented language to code in, this could definitely be it.

But beware: your GUI code will require .NET/Mono so you'll be tied to
the platform. And once tied, shame on you; twice tied, shame on me!

Paul