On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Stephen Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Paul M¢Nett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Alan Bourke wrote:

> > > Well, if it's Mono you won't be tied to a platform. But the WinForms
> > > implementation is a long way from complete in Mono.
> >
> > And you don't get native widgets on any platform except Windows. So even
> > if the Mono WinForms implementation becomes complete at some point, you
> > are still tied to the way Windows widgets look, feel, and behave.
> >
> > I say, resist the temptation. Python already has multiple crossplatform
> > GUI toolkits to choose from, one of which (wxPython) delivers native
> > widgets on each platform. You get a Mac button on Mac, complete with the
> > nice eye candy of that platform, for example.

> Your are binding the presentation layer with everything else.  I'm sorry
> but
> .NET is in no way like that and since version 1 has been marching away
> from
> it hard and fast.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop right there....

Microsoft has publicly stated that companies where throwing out their
mission critical applications *sight unseen* for beta versions of .NET 1.0.
.NET 1.0 is **revolutionary**, as has been repeatedly stated.  Why would
MSFT run away from something so revolutionary?

I'm soooooo confused...

Bill

multipart/alternative
  text/html