On Mar 15, 2008, at 8:16 AM, Ted Roche wrote:

> Mosso was a spin-off, iirc, run by the same people but affiliated and
> not a subsidiary or division, last I checked.

        I think they were separate at one point, but they are certainly a
part of Rackspace now.

> I had a very bad experience with Mosso last year. A web hosting
> company I'm affiliated with moved dozens of their clients onto Mosso ,
> only to find email service falling apart and little support available.
> This lasted weeks. Clients who aren't getting their email in a timely
> manner (like, 48 hours late) can be a very unpleasant crowd to deal
> wtih.

        I don't know much about the business model of Mosso, but I do know
that it does compete in a different space as Rackspace in general,
which focuses on customer support for IT outsourced services. Mosso
requires a higher level of expertise of its customers than Rackspace,
and thus is much less expensive.

-- Ed Leafe