Frankly, I stopped building my own PCs and Servers a while ago.  I have been
buying mostly Dell equipment (I know, we have some Dell haters out there.
Pick a brand, there is always someone who is in opposition.  Dell has worked
out for me for the past 3 years or so.).  I either have it built with the
options I would have wanted, or I add the various options myself later on.
For Servers, I get at least the sc840 or better, as they come with a
standard 3 year warranty.  Depending on the kind of workstation and price I
paid, I may or may not get an extended service contract (usually not on a
workstation).  If you go to Dell.Com, then search on "outlet" you can get
some great deals from their outlet store.  I rarely buy from their retail
site unless they have a killer promotion going on.

Gil