Hi Allen,

> Believe me Bill I don't want to throw years of VFP knowledge
> down the drain. Im still undecided on a new project which
> will be a web based rental. I may do the same as another web
> service project and have c# call the VFP dll. That works well.

After writing last night, I jotted down a few more points:

Point # 3: as the universe of available VFP talent pool shrinks,
businesses that are running FPD/FPW/VFP applications still need
coverage, so what happens?

(a) work gets harder to find, but ...
(b) the price goes up

Point # 4: experienced programmers, regardless of language skills, have
developed skills that are relatively unique and very desirable in a
world still only entering the computer/digital age. A FoxPro programmer
is still a programmer, not a stagecoach driver or coal mine. From a high
level standpoint, who really cares what particular languages a
programmer uses when other things matter even more:

- able to think logically (or may I say "think at all"?)
- able to deal with unforgiving machines
- able to deal with myriad tiny details
- able to organize work
- able to solve complex problems
- able to communicate
- able to be patient
- conversant in modern computer technologies
- etc.

Point # 5: how many 'other language' developers need DLL's that VFP can
create?  Are we lacking in ideas?

Bill