http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080613.BCPOWELL13/TPStory/National
( -or- http://tinyurl.com/69nvpm )

He noted that although both he and Mr. Obama are black, he would not
cast a vote for the Illinois senator on the basis of race. "I will
vote for the individual I think that brings the best set of tools to
the problems of 21st-century America and the 21st-century world
regardless of party, regardless of anything else other than the most
qualified candidate," Mr. Powell said at a news conference before
delivering a speech to about 800 people attending a leadership forum
at the Vancouver Convention Centre.

"Both of them certainly have the qualifications to be the president of
the United States, but both of them cannot be," he said.

-- Ed Leafe