On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The original request was for windows only.

No, the original request consisted of seven words that didn't mention
many requirements at all.

> And what exactly is the average
> person going to do with open source anyway ?

This is such trollbait I really shouldn't answer, but...

The average person can:

1. Share open source with their friends without concern the BSA is coming.
2. Pay someone else to make it work the way they want.
3. Benefit from a community of volunteers who enhance it.
4. Never be over a barrel when a vendor discontinues or forces and upgrade.
5. Not be subject to arbitrary limitations (10 users or 4 Gb) on the
use of the product.

Open Source is no panacea, either, but I see it competitive if not
superior in a number of situations.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC