And the lawyer had estimated $2-$4k.  HA!

Called my nseew this morning and left a message asking if we can finally
be done with this.  The outrageous part is that she--who's lawyer was
asking the courts to make me pay for her legal fees--is the one who has
been responsible for driving up the costs on outrageous legal proposals
(like "ok, we'll offer to give you ZERO percent equity in the
house"----had to pay to refuse that bullsh!t twice).

Good grief....I should start a new advertising campaign for my softwares
calling it the "legal relief sales special."

Recalling Kris' thing about the legal stuff, I'm sure I would have been
less in the hole had I used a legal service like that.  My guy is
$160/hr....but to be fair, he IS great.  He has fended off Wendy's
attorney beautifully and although I owe him nearly $11k, it could have
been worse.

I joked with a co-worker this morning that it might have been cheaper or
worth it to just stay with her.....that took all of 1 second to realize
"no, it was worth it" (to be done with her).