Stephen Russell wrote:
>>> tell them to convert it on their side.
>>>
>>>       Convert.ToInt64()
>>>

>> No, he's going to want to store something in those VFP9 free tables, so
>> that's not gonna be the fix.
>
> I have friendlyids that won't fit into the int data type as well.
> they translate to barcodes in use here.  But it keeps them unique ;)
>
> I have them in multiple columns as well.

Not sure if he'll be up for splitting them up.  That sounds like a
recipe for disaster (or Vistaster...LOL), because if he wanted a
character field, he would have asked for it.  I don't want to split up a
numeric field.  Sure, it can be done, but that sounds like asking for
trouble.

Thanks for the idea, though!  It was appreciated!