Actually a few years ago Ed and I were working on a project together, and he
got VFP to run perfectly (compiled app) under Red Hat using CrossOver
Office.  I have been wanting to blow the dust off that technique and do the
same under Ubuntu, but thus far have not been able to carve out the time to
do so.  All this is done with the understanding that M$ stated (in weasel
wording form) something along the lines of we may not run VFP under Linux
without a Windows OS license.  When asked for clarification M$ advised that
anyone wondering what was meant by their position would have to seek legal
counsel for interpretation.  Weasel Wording, no better way of putting it.
So, I for one have decided they mean we may not be able to run under Linux
without a Windows OS due to technical issues that could cause problems, as
opposed to I am explicitly prohibited from doing so.  Besides, I have plenty
of Win2k OS with my various MSDN subsrciptions that are otherwise unused
<g>.  heh-heh..  Bite me, M$.

What I do not recall is if Ed ever got VFP to run in design time under
Linux/CrossOver Office or not.  Also, we never deployed the capability
commercially.  So nobody can say we cheated M$ out of anything, if anyone
were so inclined to do so.  If I do end up revisiting that project I am not
going to worry about M$ all that much.

Gil