On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Kevin Cully
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> CSS is not my friend.

CSS is no man's friend. It's an equal-opportunity sob.

> I'm working on a web site, and I'm trying to add some checkboxes to a
> web form.  Something is forcing center alignment on the checkboxes and I
> sure can't see what it is.

Yeah. I didn't recognize them as checkboxes at first.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but my #1 secret in
solving these kinds of problems is to get a strictly validating page.
The number of times the problem has turned out to be an unclosed tag
or an instruction the browser wouldn't recognize are legion. Once the
page is fully validated, the browser renders it in a different mode
that the mode it uses when it is not a fully valid page ("quirks
mode"). This makes a whole lot of stuff render differently.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fcullytechnologies.com%2Fdemo%2Fadvanced_duralast%2Festimates.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

> As you can see from the page, I've tried several styles, DIV tags,
> Labels.  That checkbox just likes to be in the center.  I'm trying to
> get the checkbox left aligned under the textboxes with the label to it's
> right.

Try dumping the "nowrap" out of the TD tags. That's not valid. And
there's other ways to keep the text from wrapping although you may be
introducing problems for the visually impaired.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC