On Jul 25, 2008, at 2:26 PM, Wolfe, Stephen S Civ USAF AMC 6 MDSS/SGSI
wrote:

> Where in the story was the word 'brain' used?  You missed the entire
> argument against duality...apparently.

        No, I used 'brain' instead of mind, because the equivocation was what
I was talking about. The protagonist implied the use of the senses to
detect a mind, when what he implied was the brain. A mind is easily
sensed; the fact that you interact with another is evidence of a mind,
so since he is obviously engaging the professor, he is admitting to
the evidence of the mind. But he equivocates 'mind' with 'brain',
which, unless there is a brain surgeon present, he is certain that no
one has directly encountered.

        A good a priori rule is that when one attempts to demonstrate a
supernatural event or entity through the use of logic, math, or
science, it is fraudulent. By definition, something supernatural is
beyond the scope of these disciplines.

-- Ed Leafe