>> I obviously didn't explain fully.  This is an ASP webpage running on IIS
which uses ADO to retrieve data from FoxPro tables.  The Fox tables are
shared with thirty year old applications, so no chance of making any
substantial modifications to the table structures.<<

By any chance, is the index tag on Order have a FOR filter? If so, this tag is
not optimized. You
need another tag on OrderNo without the FOR clause. You can use SYS(3054) to
determine the
optimization level in VFP (not via ADO). Once you have it fully optimized I n
VFP your query via ADO
and the OLE DB driver should work faster.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com
www.swfox.net