On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Pete Theisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stephen Russell wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Michael Madigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Are you really making a quarter or a mill and have to worry?  Few if
>> any of my clients or friends at church will be over that mark after
>> the final exemptions and credits are taken.
>
> Hi Stephen!
>
> I guess you missed this:
>
> http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/23319.html
>
> "The Obama plan assumes little behavioral change from such a large tax
> hike on high-income workers. Is this realistic or will the higher rates
> encourage tax minimization strategies and reduced work effort, which
> will lead to lower tax revenues?"

Greed will always drive more revenue.  Always has and always will.
Company sales departments are driven around bonus for beating the
prior top ranking.

Why would anyone stop earnings ?  They could instead earn more and
increase giving to non profits who make a difference in the givers
eyes.

This is all a game Pete.  It is not how well you earn it is how well
you spend.  Always has and always will be.  People like Henry Ford
were proud of NOT paying income tax.  Well they gave to other
institutions instead of the IRS to accomplish those feats.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer

901.246-0159