[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sorry, no tinyurl today. Hope everyone enjoys.
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pitogo/385356_msftwindows29.html

{{{
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday pulled the wraps off the next version of its
operating system, Windows 7, which the company said will make it easier
for PC owners to use their computers.
}}}

If people want easy-to-use computers, there are options *right now*.

{{{
# A customizable taskbar. Users can change the order of applications in
the bar. Highlighting applications, such as Internet Explorer, brings up
thumbnails of open tabs.
}}}

Ooh. I can't wait to be able to move my Word window to the left of my
Excel Window. This is going to make it so much easier to use my computer.

{{{
# Added search features. Search for "marketing" in your PC and all files
with that name show up with the words "marketing" highlighted, or type
in a file extension and see all the files that are under that category.
}}}

Oooh, this is a way-cool feature available for years now from a little
company Microsoft may have heard of based in Mt. View. It'll be so much
easier to use my computer now!

{{{
# The home group, a feature that allows users to quickly set up home
networks. All Windows 7 PCs on a network find one another and are
automatically connected to printers or devices on the network.
}}}

Ooooh, this is a way-cool feature built-in for years now on computers
shipping from a little company Microsoft may have heard of based in
Cupertino. It's going to make it so much easier to use my computer!

{{{
# Device Stage, which manages external devices, such as printers and
music players. The Stage also connects to user manuals.
}}}

Oooooh, I hope they make the devices actual images of the real devices,
another nice thing added by that little company from Cupertino years
ago. My computer will be so much easier!

{{{
# Gadgets, such as the clock, can be moved anywhere on the desktop.
}}}

This is just suck-ass stupid. What Windows users ever see their desktop
through the clutter of shortcuts and open windows? I'm afraid that
Cupertino company is already on their second version of Dashboard
Widgets, which are rightly a separate entity from the Desktop. The fact
that they list this as a feature makes me want to laugh in Ballmer's face.

{{{
# An Action Center that allows users to control alerts that usually rest
in the bottom right-hand corner of the desktop. Users can completely
shut them off.
}}}

But this one takes the cake. The feature is that the user can turn off a
"feature" added in a prior release?

{{{
# Support for multitouch.
}}}

Oh, another innovation from that Cupertino company, that also owns the
trademark for "multi-touch".

Underwhelming, laughable feature list for a OS release. Get much more
than this now, along with security *and* supreme usability, by
purchasing a MacBook or MacBook Pro.

Seriously.

Paul