Kristyne,
I have no familiarity with Act Blue so you will have to excuse me if I
have no knowledge about how they operate.

I find it interesting that, minus the "email" that you posted the
contents of, I've found nothing about this story except for a couple of
blog postings quoting the same email that you did.

And I have no doubt that it has happened to you and to many others.  I
have some friends who work for the Post Office and they have all told me
some stories.  None of them are named Neuman tho. :)

::michael