Oh, more on the safe deposit box folks.  With a personally used safe deposit
box you can deduct the cost from taxes - AFTER you meet a certain threshold
where such legal, financial and banking expenses exceed a percentage of your
Adjusted Gross Income.  BUT, if these such expenses are business related you
can deduct them from the first cent!  So, what I did is I got a large safe
deposit box, and I use it to place my weekly rotation of backup tapes - a
legitimate business use.  But I also use the same box for personal items and
some gold coins and bullion.  I do not (have to?) report the partial
personal use of the box.  So I deduct the annual fee from my taxes each
year, and get the use of the box at no additional personal charge or
penalty.  So, if you do decide to get a deposit box to "hide"/store your
cash amount, open the safe deposit box under your business name and take the
deduction.  Be sure you have a legitimate (sounding) business purpose for
the box, like storing contracts, backup tapes, etc.

heh-heh...

Gil