---- Jean Laeremans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Bob, do you remember i told you a few weeks ago the financial problems
> would be the downfall of the republicans ? and don't be such a sour
> loser ...;)

No great gift of prevision was required to see that Republicans would take the
blame. It is however grossly unfair that the very people who in Congress who 3
years ago were actively ignoring and covering up the ticking time bomb got
rewarded last night because they were fortuitous enough to have it blow up on a
Republican president's watch.

Where Bush has gone completely and unforgivably wrong is in his handling of the
federal budget and in his inability to articulate a positive sustaining vision
during the tough times. It's like he tuned out completely after Katrina and the
botched Meyers nomination, and other than leading on the surge he was just
trying to coast his last couple years into the sunset. And he has paid dearly
for it, as have those of us who supported him in thick and thin, and so be it.

Also, I'm not a loser, sour or otherwise. :)

Contrary to your belief perhaps, I have never invested the essence of my
identity or being in a politician or party, so when they go down in flames for
whatever reasons, just or unjust or both, all I can do is keep on doing what I
do well and wish the best for everyone.

Every fiber of my being at the moment is alarmed like never before by the cult
of personality around Obama and the enormous question marks over his actual
worldview, versus his lofty campaign rhetoric, as juxtaposed against his
already proven dishonesty (FISA, public financing, taking shady donations with
impunity, etc.).

These question marks are now exclamation marks, considering the nation and the
world has put their whole hope and faith in a 44 year old unknown with a slick
money machine and a cast of controversial characters behind him. I can only
hope the office changes the man for the better, instead of feeding on his
seemingly boundless narcissism and sense of entitlement, which got an enormous
validation yesterday that can boost him to heights of greatness, or depths of
corruption.

We'll see soon enough.

- Bob