>Please don't go into the environmental whacko stuff about this 'investment'
>takes cars off the road.
>That is just a smoke screen.  Why should we subsidize transportation for some?

But in fact it is very important. I don't know how it is in the US but
who pays for roads ? How many people die on the roads ? are injured ?

There 4 countries in Europe with High Speed Trains : France (the first
one), Belgium, Germany and Spain. Italy and Netherland are going on the
same way too. In France, 30 years after the first line betwwen Paris and
Lyon we are studying a second line because the first one is overloaded.
Number of passengers increase 10% a year (mean). We have not enough
trains to carry all the people (for example on the line between Paris
and Germany). It is a great succes. The national railroad company earn
money with HST.

Just a shame : there is no VFP on board !!

--
Jean MAURICE
Grenoble - France - Europe