in my humble opinion, MAGLEV has two geat drawbacks :
first it can't go in center town without building new tracks. On the
other side, running on standard railtracks allows HST to use the 'old
stations' that are, at least in Europe, inside each town.
second : points are very difficult to build and stations are not easy to
build. A direct 'train' can't overtake an 'omnibus' (I hope you
understand one stoppeng in each station).

It can be a solution for 'simple lines' as : between an airport an its town.

We ran at 574 km/h on a standard railtrack (world record); we expect
running at 360 km/h soon on standard railtrack. Why invent a new system
more complicated ?

--
Jean MAURICE
Grenoble - France - Europe