Hi Kristyne, thanks for your thoughts on this.

That is almost how I do things at the moment.  I have various partitions
each with a different Operating System on, then just set as active the one I
want to boot into.

I was hoping to find a better way so that I could switch OSs live, without
having to reboot each time.  Also it would be good for software testing,
could run both the server and workstation at the same time on the same
machine.

Nick