> I am guessing that we are all involved with stocks and funds.  Some of
> us don't pay attention to the signs and others are on top of them.
> That is why I put this as NF and not to be lost in the land of OT.

I dissolved everything in my IRA into cash late July 2008, and was kicking
myself in the ass for several weeks afterward, thinking I was just getting
nervous for no reason.  But after a few more weeks yet I was pretty happy
about my decision.  Sure, the returns are lower than they had been, but I
avoided the drop off the cliff also.  A friend of mine in SoCal told me he
got out of his investments and went to cash in October.  I thought he still
must have gotten tagged.  "October last year, Gil", heh-heh.  All of his
expert friends gave him all kinds of crap for being such a chicken.  They
are apparently not crowing so loud now.

Next move, Swiss Francs.  I do not trust FDIC can sustain what is coming
down.

Gil