----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Theisen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ProFox Email List" <profox@leafe.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [OT] How to determine if a market has hit THE bottom.

> Nicholas Geti wrote:
>
>> I have never seen an interest rate for borrowing tied to inflation.
>> They are always fixed rates.
>
> Hi Nicholas!
>
> Seems to me that the so-called "adjustable-rate" mortgages are
> indirectly tied to inflation.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete
> http://pete-theisen.com/

Not inflation but other indicies at the lenders choosing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjustable_rate_mortgage They did not exist
when I bought my house 40 years ago.

As an aside, I paid $44,500 for my house at that time. Last year it was
evaluated at $650,000. I paid $257.00 per month fixed interest rate until
the mortgage was paid off. So you can see what inflation has done to house
prices. My income never grew at that same rate, however. Also I have spent
an enormous amount maintaining my house and upgrading it. I do not consider
it an investment; only a drain on my time and income. I am pretty sure that
the house has been a net loss.