MB Software Solutions General Account wrote:
> Leland Jackson wrote:
>
>> If the big three go out of business, who do you think will pick up the
>> slack to met the USA demand for autos?  I don't see young start-up
>> companies being able to move into the vacuum previously occupied by
>> large USA autos manufacturers geared towards mass production.  I would
>> expect the demand for autos previously supplied by USA companies to be
>> meet by foreign companies operating both inside and outside the USA, and
>> the employment loses would create new jobs within the remaining foreign
>> manufacturers.
>>
>> I would hate to see the USA auto industry owned and operated by
>> companies outside the USA.
>>

> But Leland, those foreign car makers employ Americans RIGHT HERE IN THE
> US.  Some of the folks laid off could get jobs over in their plants,
> allbeit for far less than their union wages were getting them.

Yes, I'm considering that the loss of the big three American auto
companies would result in many of the displaced workers finding there
way into the surviving auto companies, that would need additional labour
to meet increased demands for their auto products.  I know that
companies operated in the USA fall under the jurisdictional law of the
state in which the company is incorporated, as well as the law passed by
the USA legislature, and, of course, the law of the land, (eg USA
constitution).  I also know that the ownership in the remaining
companies could be very diverse, as shares of the stock in the major
auto companies are traded world wide.

Still, it very common that the founders of the companies are often also
the major shareholders, (eg owners), at least to the extent that they
control the board of directors, so I would hate to see the American
companies go out of business.  It would certainly signal an end of a era
of American history and the possible beginning of a decline in American
influence and power.

Regards,

LelandJ