MB Software Solutions General Account wrote:
> Leland Jackson wrote:
>
>> Yes, I'm considering that the loss of the big three American auto
>> companies would result in many of the displaced workers finding there
>> way into the surviving auto companies, that would need additional labour
>> to meet increased demands for their auto products.  I know that
>> companies operated in the USA fall under the jurisdictional law of the
>> state in which the company is incorporated, as well as the law passed by
>> the USA legislature, and, of course, the law of the land, (eg USA
>> constitution).  I also know that the ownership in the remaining
>> companies could be very diverse, as shares of the stock in the major
>> auto companies are traded world wide.
>>
>> Still, it very common that the founders of the companies are often also
>> the major shareholders, (eg owners), at least to the extent that they
>> control the board of directors, so I would hate to see the American
>> companies go out of business.  It would certainly signal an end of a era
>> of American history and the possible beginning of a decline in American
>> influence and power.
>>

> Times change.  There's no stopping that.  There were some great things
> of Americana that have gone now and will never be back.  Perhaps these
> folks are intended for the annals of history like those who have
> previously "passed on."  No sense to invest billions into companies
> who's products are inferior just because they're American history
> companies.  That's just a different kind of welfare, at least, and a bad
> investment at most......imho.

Chevy, Chrysler, and Ford are an integral part of the backbone of
America.  They are all part of a shrinking industrial base upon which
America was built.  These companies can, and should, be allow, to turn
things around, so they can once again take there place as pillars of the
American Industrial based economy.  Times change, and companies have to
change with the times, else they perish.  To let these companies perish
over a short term economic crisis not of their doing, but in which they
find themselves trapped, is wrong.  These companies can, and will change
to met the times.

It appears to me that these companies have a short term liquidity crisis
due to an economic crisis, and with sales down and no chance to raise
capital under current conditions form either stock or bond issuance,
they need our help.  Although letting these company go belly up might
not effect you directly, the indirect effect are going to bit you
somewhere down the line, possible to the point you will eventually
realize the enormity of your error.

Regards,

LelandJ

Sure, they have made mistakes and things